Saturday, August 23, 2008

I Knit!

I figured I would try to get in one more posting before this month ends. Time is just flying by!! That is one of the great benefits of being a teacher. It is rarely one of those days that never ends (like when I worked in an office).

I started working on a pair of socks for one of my sock clubs (I am so behind!). This sock club is at a LYS and I was hoping to start going to their knit-alongs. They were asking for people to call in to say if they were going to make it that week or not. The club meets every other week and for the last two sessions, I am the only person who called in advance to say I would be there, so both meetings were canceled. The socks that they would have been knitting together are not my favorite. I don't really care for the colors or the bobbles in the pattern. My mom suggested a relative who she thought the colors would be perfect for. They might just get a random pair of handknit socks in the mail :)

Last weekend I went to a BBQ Cookout at the fairgrounds with Eddie and my parents. It was SO HOT, but I still knit :) I took the socks with me and knit them while sitting on the grass, talking and listening to music. It was a nice day and it is nice to finally be knitting again!

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

knittingma said...

Yay! I'm glad you're finding some time for the things you love, mainly the knitting of course! I don't even try to keep up with the yarn club I'm in (the YP Booty Club). The yarn is just quietly collecting in my stash, and will soon overtake our home, I think. :)