Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mouse or Bear?

I finished the hat for my niece, which will be part of her Halloween costume. As mentioned before she is going as a mouse. Surprisingly enough, I didn't have any brown worsted weight yarn in my stash. I went to Michaels with a coupon to get some yarn. I was looking specifically for yarn that wasn't on sale because then I couldn't use my coupon (I have been trapped by this trick before). I picked out my yarn (no sale sign to be found) and a couple of scrapbooking items that were on sale. When I went to checkout, they told me that the yarn was on sale (although the regular price with the coupon would have been less) and that the only thing I could use my coupon for was a 59 cent sheet of paper. I guess saving 24 cents is better than nothing! I swear they only give out coupons to get you in the store. Oh well.

Anyway, I found a knitting pattern that was called a mouse hat and here is the finished product:

Photobucket

Some say it looks like mouse ears and others say bear ears. I'm just hoping that it will look like mouse ears with her costume and then after Halloween it can be one of those cute everyday beanies with bear ears on it. Either way, I just hope it fits!

Last posting I forgot to include a picture of the husband and me attending our first Sharks game since moving. It was also the home opener. Unfortunately they lost, but it was still fun to attend.
Photobucket

Not the best picture of us, but pretty good considering we took it ourselves with the kitchen counter and camera timer :)

No comments: