Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Instant Gratification

I love knitting socks. Most of the socks I have knit are for myself (besides the small pair that I had to give to my mom with size 6 feet) and are very simple. The fanciest it has gotten with socks is using variegated yarn. I would love to try some with lace or cables. Awhile ago, I bought a 2007 Knitting calendar. It has a pattern for almost each day of the year. I definitely bought this for the patterns and not the calendar. Anyway, I found a pattern in there for infant socks and decided that it would be a great way to use up some leftover sock yarn. I made these:




I'm not sure who I will give them to, but they were a lot of fun. I was able to finish them in a day. This is not the case with the adult size socks. So the gratification on these was great and almost instant! My one complaint is that they don't match perfectly. I did the one with the pink toe first and was so excited at how the colors worked out perfectly with the heal being all purple and the pink toe. I assumed that if I started in the same place on the yarn with the next sock that it would turn out the same. Of course the variegated yarn gods were against me and there is not a pink toe and there is a purple stripe that is not on the first sock, but I'm not anal enough to fix it, only enough for it to bother me for a couple hours and then say "screw it."

I plan on making more (who they are for, I don't know), but I really need to start Eddie's (BF) Bear's socks. Football season starts soon and I haven't even started. Never knit your BF a sweater, but I'm sure socks are fine :) He definitely deserves them!

No comments: