Friday, August 17, 2007

Pismo Beach

Last weekend I went to Pismo Beach to celebrate my one year anniversary with my boyfriend. The weather was pretty good and we had a lot of fun. I know that I love this man because everytime we go on vacation, he knows that we will be going to the closest yarn shop and he doesn't complain. In fact, he brings his GPS navigator so we can find a yarn shop (I highly recommend getting one of these!). On this trip, he entered the address for me. When we got to our destination we found a fabric store. He had scrolled to the wrong address on the GPS. Then we corrected the mistake only to find that the yarn shop was another 2 mi away. We decided to walk up and down the street in this cute little town. We went to the ice creamery and window shopped at a couple of stores. Then we got back in the car and drove to the "correct" address for Yarnology (the LYS). We got to the address and could not find the place. So he called to shop only to discover that they had moved a month ago to (you guessed it) the street we were previously on. We didn't see it because it was above one of the other shops.

Anyway, we drove back to where we started and finally got to Yarnology. It was a small shop, but I was so happy to find it. I wanted to do something lace. The shopowner was very helpful.

This is what I bought:



and this is what I started making:



I also bought a kit to make a cabled scarf. I will post pictures if I ever start it :)

So we were actually only at the yarn shop for about 45 minutes. My bf was shocked. He thought it would take at least an hour and a half (like it usually does when I'm limited to one hour). I think I was just really excited to go back to the hotel and start my lace project :) I got to knit it from our balcony with a beautiful view of the ocean!

No comments: