Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Made My Day!

About 5 years ago, I was able to go to a book signing for the Yarn Harlot. Me, being a shy person (and newer to the knitting world), didn't say much. Just got my audio book signed, took a picture, and that was pretty much it.

Stephanie just finished another book tour, and there weren't any events close enough for me to attend, but there was one in Portland where my cousin lives. I begged her to go so that I could live vicariously through her. I informed her that she should take her first pair of socks and at least one of her kiddos so that she could be on Stephanie's blog.

I am so glad my cousin made it to the event and she went all out! She took both kids and her husband. I don't think she showed Stephanie any of her own knitting. She had everyone in the family wearing or holding something I had knit for them. She even told Stephanie that they were there for Aunt Amanda and that I had knit all those things. To this Stephanie said, "Aunt Amanda rocks!" That was seriously better than if I had gone to a signing by myself and not said much to her.

Here is the post. My cousin is Laurie, with husband, Timothy, and kids. The Yarn Harlot even mentions "Auntie Amanda." Absolutely awesome!!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Ha ha, I love that story. You're knitting-famous now!!