Sunday, September 30, 2007

AHH!!!

I feel like I'm already going crazy. Last week I started my first placement as a student teacher. It went well, but all I really did was observe and give some spelling tests. Next week I have to plan reading lessons for a group of students who are struggling with reading. Each lesson is about one hour. So I'm freaking out a little, even though I know it will be a piece of cake. I started my classes for the credential program on Thursday. I have only been to two out of my five classes and am stressing about all the assignments I will have to do on top of student teaching. The good news is that most of the assignments have to do with things I will be doing in the classroom (as a student teacher). I think I really just need to be able to take it one day at a time, which is definitely not one of my strengths.

What does this have to do with knitting??? I really want to knit and have tons of projects that I want to start working on, but feel a little guilty if I'm knitting instead of reading or doing assignments for school. I totally understand why they recommend not working during this year. Which means I also stress about money! Ah, life! Hopefully I will be able to get some knitting in. In fact, I should require myself to get some knitting in because it is definitely a de-stressor!

2 comments:

knittingma said...

I think you should lock yourself away from your stress and worrying, and knit until you can't knit anymore. Or, at least until you really need to get some work done. I was always the procrastination type, so maybe that isn't the best advice... but it's definitely the most fun advice, no? :)

knittingma said...

You should definitely try the magic loop! I was kind of intimidated by it, but I had to learn it for this pattern, and it's seriously really easy. I learned it here: http://www.az.com/~andrade/knit/mloop.html