Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fight the Addiction?

I seem to knit in cycles. It's either all the time or not at all (although during the not at all time, I'm usually contemplating what to start next). Right now I'm in the "can't stop knitting" mode. I have tons of things to do (lesson plans, reading for school, assignments, laundry, etc.) and yet all I want to do is knit, knit, knit. I went on a road trip with the family to Southern California this last weekend and was able to knit up the cutest Trick-or-Treat basket. From there, the knitting has snowballed. I have socks that need to be finished and started a mesh bag. I also have to seam up my Baby Surprise Jacket. This may not seem to be a lot of projects on the needles, but I am the type of knitter that usually finishes one project before beginning another. As I continue to knit I just keep thinking about all of the things I need to get. I don't even want to take the time to load a picture to my blog right now. I just want to KNIT!! In reality, the knitting is an awesome de-stressor and I should just let all the other things go. Everything always get done somehow, right?

1 comment:

knittingma said...

Wow, I applaud your (usual) self-control of finishing one project before beginning another. I don't think I've EVER done that! But I'm right there with you about the knitting. Right now, I'm all about starting and finishing new projects, even though I do seem to lose precious time by getting sucked into Ravelry every couple of hours. :)